Christa's World

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Laughing all the way

Well, as many of you know, I had my motorcycle stolen, only to be found again. I enjoyed riding 2 motorcycles for awhile and then I recently sold one to my friend Neal. I love my new bike, but miss the old one...got used to the old girl....anyway so I am driving along the other day and the gears on the bike stop changing...just will not go into gear, so I hop off and take a look and I see that the chain had fallen off (much like a bicycle only more difficult to physically put back on track). So I am on the side of the road getting grease all over my hands trying to put this damn chain back on track...to no avail. Good thing I was only 8 blocks from my mechanics
:( . So I start pushing that bike, huffing and puffing all the way. I am about 1 block away when I am stopped by a lady and man sitting outside on a bench. They ask me "what is wrong?" So I proceed to show them the chain problem, only to discover that somehow on my long walk the chain had popped back on (knowing me it happened within a couple of steps). I am sweating and I guess they felt sorry for me because they ran and got me a facecloth and a coffee. That is just so Korean of them. Sweet sweet sweet.
Other than that the bike is working great, and we have formed a "biker gang" here in Mokpo. The thing is that when you have a bike, it is not just a mode of transportation, it is a "think to do"....it is a pleasure. The "Biker Gang" consists of a scooter, a couple of motor bikes (that are only 125 cc's and will hit a whopping 80 km/hour...yes, mine is one of those) and a beautiful 650cc BMW motorbike. I went out "cruisin" with my friends the other night (minus the BMW guy) and it was so fun, but I have to say we are probably more like a "geek" squad than a biker gang! Randy, my brother, would just laugh and laugh at me I am sure...but I got to tell you, I love love love it! My bike felt so "powerful" next to the scooter! LOL... but then the next day I went out with the BMW guy...and he just blew past me like I was standing still! I felt like I was the one on the scooter! Now....I just want something faster! I think I will have to wait until I get back to Canada though...no sense investing in something more expensive...resale is unlikely with new foreigners who don't want to buy something that is more than 500 bucks...
oh well, I still love it and am so glad I have a motorbike (now equipped with 2 locks).

2 Comments:

Blogger Goulash said...

Update please!

And where's the link to your flickr site???

2:44 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

okay, sorry I have been a lazy ass...and I don't know how to link to the flickr site...can you tell me how?

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home