Christa's World

Friday, April 27, 2007

Meet the Girls


Well, after careful consideration (and 3 weeks of waiting) I decided to say goodbye to my old stolen motorcylce and move on. So I bought a new one. Very nice bike, love to ride it and then yesterday I got a call fom the police in Gwangu (about 1 hour from my home) it turns out they found my old bike! I cannot believe it! I took the bus to Gwangu and went to the police station, and there she was! Very dirty, missing her mirrors, but she started up and I took her home. It was the longest I have ever been on a motorbike, and the fastest I have ever gone (a pitiful 80 km per hour). I had such a nice drive though. The country side is so beautiful, rich with the aroma of spring flowers. Everything is turning green and the mountains and stretches of rice fields are so amazing to look at. It is very different than living in the "city" of Mokpo (Mokpo is considered the "country" by people in Seoul). It got me to thinking, I would love to do a road trip around Korea. A few friends of mine here have motorcycles and they may be up for the adventure. October is a beautiful time here in Korea, and we all have at least 10 days off. It would be a great photo opportunity and a chance to really explore Korea. I will keep you posted on my next move. For now, I am going to rest my weary legs (feel like I have been riding a horse.... and not in a good way lol ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home