Christa's World

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

some things I have learned

Hi everyone,
A friend of mine mailed me a great letter and I think it may help all of you who are home-sick:

...your time there will be up before you know it. Take advantage of each and every day.
...don't bother missing home too much. Nothing will have changed much.
...people are amazing everywhere in the world. And there are some odd ones everywhere too :)
...my world "grew"in ways I never expected. Living abroad is such a time of self discovery.
...take advantage. Put yourself out there.
...The friendships you'll make are ones you'll carry with you for the rest of your life.
...take a lot of photos. Especially of the everyday stuff. This serves two purposes:
1. to show people at home stuff.
2. to help you remember when you start to forget the details. And I promise you will.
...don't expect to ever get back to where you are right now. Take full advantage of being there, explore see as much as you can.
...the kids you work with will always be a part of you.
...when you get homesick. Know that there are people here missing you too, sending their love and saying "I am so jealous of Christa"!


Thanks Angela, your words have really helped me when I needed to get perspective...see you in July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home