Christa's World

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Guitar that does not make my hands bleed!!

Well, I left my guitar lesson intent on driving home to relax and unwind when I had a last minute thought to pop into my mechanics to see if the new seat cover I ordered was in yet. He had received one but it did not fit, so he ordered another one. Not 10 minutes later a man on a scooter arrived to his shop with a seat cover! (by the way, this is costing me a total of 15 bucks, this includes labor and parts!). Anyway the delivery guy notices I have a guitar so he motions that he would like to look at it. I give the go-ahead and he picks it up and hands it to me....encouraging me to play. Well, I thought he was a nice enough guy, so I did not torture him with my "rendition" of guitar (that sounds suspiciously like Phebe from "Friends"). I ask him to play. And man does he ever! He was soooo great! So there we were jamming in the garage of some guys motorcycle shop. This noise brings out the wife who proceeds to feed us and give us drinks (before I leave, she stuffs 3 drinks in my bag because I told her they were delicious). I tell him (in my mime language) that I hate my guitar and that is sucks! Does he know where I can get a good one? Well, turns out that he actually does have a friend and his friend will meet me in 5 minutes. And his friend does. He takes me down the road (just across from where I live) and brings me up to his Music conservatory. There are about 20 different sound proof rooms where people are practicing guitar, piano, singing, and there is even a studio. So this guy shows me all around the conservatory, introduces me to everyone (again I am greeted like a long lost friend/rock star) and then brings me a brand new guitar, and it is BEAUTIFUL (and does not make my hands ache when I practice). Only 90 bucks, and it of course includes a leather case! My guitar teacher is leaving in May, so the guy offered to teach me at that conservatory! Have I mentioned that I loved Korea? lol...Just about anything can and does happen.

3 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

Awesome! New guitar, a seat cover, and a place to get some lessons. What kind of drinks were those?

1:48 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

just prune juice I am afraid to say...but they were good! lol

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Christa,
It sounds like you have adjusted very well in this new enviorment. I too am into the secret, red the book , viewed the CD. It is a wonderful way to look at things. We had your mom over for a few days. Mom and I really enjoy her when she comes. We will be going over there in May sometimes. Susans son is getting married on Aug4/07. Marion is hoping to come over but since they are coming over the 17 Aug, she might not make the trip. I hate to see her travel the distance by her self. She does get tired and sleepy.
I must close now and I really enjoyed reading your blog.

3:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home