Christa's World

Saturday, October 06, 2007

Australia

Australia! Somewhere I had only dreamed of going. It was everything I had hoped for and so much more. I went in January of this year and am only now posting some pics! I am so bad at this blog thing.
One of the reasons I started to write a blog was to keep a history of my time abroad, but also to keep my family up to date on what I am doing.
While in Austrailia, I went swimming/snorkerling in the great barrier reef, I went in a helicopter, went 4 wheeling in the muddy rainforest, soaked in the sun at the beaches, went to one of the worlds most beautiful beaches (where the sand is so white and made of a substance that does not retain heat...so nice on the feet) , camped on a remote island, went to Fraser Island, a place that has no roads so only suv's and 4 by 4 trucks allowed, went hiking through the rain forest, swam in 2 remote lakes (one of which was green), ate kangaroo steaks, and played on a jet ski.....to say I love Australia is a gross understatement. It was the most amazing place, however, I had no idea there were so many things that could kill you! It seemed like every time you turned around there were warnings about snakes (that could kill you), jellyfish (that could kill you), spiders (that could kill you), sharks (that could kill you), dingos (they attack so watch out, they could kill you), sun (so hot, it feels like it could kill you)...lol you get the theme.... I did not care though! It was such a fantastic place, and I could take a year exploring it and not have seen all there is to see in Australia. I will write more soon about this fantastic place, but in the meantime, here are a few photos, and some postcards....






















































































3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christa,

I was really impressed (and jealous) of your trip to Australia. Beautiful pictures! Looks like you planned your trip well and had some amazing adventures. Glad nothing stung or bit you while you were there but what's this about you eating poor Skippy?
We have been really busy here. It's the time of year in aquaculture that we are setting lonlines in deep water and sinking our oyster stock for the winter.
We had bought a house last spring and (over $100,000 and a lot of work later) it is almost completely renovated. We hope to put it on the market and sell it some time this winter or spring.
Some family news. Amys' Junior High school won the provincials and she was choosen as MVP. Doug won an award for the top mark in the Chemistry program at UPEI. He's in his 4th year and plans to take his Masters. He will be going to the Florida Keys this March break for a research project and has been offered a job at the National Research Center for the summer. Laurie is in her third year and has picked her marks up quite a bit. (moved out of Residence this year) Tyler is enjoying his first year at UPEI - perhaps a little too much - but he's keeping his marks up high enough to keep his scholarship (we hope). Joyce is planning on taking a real estate course this winter and getting her licence. In fact, now to think of it, I'm the only one not educating and improving myself this winter! Maybe I'll watch a little PBS or read a book or something.
It was really great seeing you and the rest of the "kids" this summer.
Hopefully there'll be lots of weddings and other happy family gatherings that will get us all together often in the future.

Take care in your travels,
lol, uncle Hubert

7:15 PM  
Blogger Gene Houghton said...

Hi Christa :)

Today I was looking at some old photos. When I came across one of you from a 1992 Kegie camping trip. I thought to myself whatever happened to Christa?(we use to have so much fun) So I Googled you and up popped Christa's World. I'm not surprised to see that your a world traveler,and riding motorcycles.You always were out going.I can't believe how quickly 15 years can go by( sorry I didn't write sooner LOL).Take care and I hope to hear from you soon .
Your friend Gene

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home